All Dorset Log Stores carry a 15 year Warranty against timber rot, insect and fungal attack (see About Dorset Log Stores for more details) as well as our own 2-year workmanship warranty.Our Fair Care Warranty
covers the cost of re-supply by Dorset Log Stores (Flyte so Fancy Ltd) of any Pressure Treated (Tanalised) Timber component that has proven to have failed as a result of fungal decay or insect attack within a 15-year period from the initial purchase. It does not cover the costs of removal or reinstatement of such components or consequential costs or loss due to failure of the component.
The term 'fungal decay' as used in the warranty refers to wood destroying fungi that feed on and degenerate the wood cell walls. It excludes staining and mould fungi associated with the weathering of wood. The term 'insect attack' refers to attack by wood digesting insects that destroy the timber structure. The term 'failed' refers to damage caused by insects and/or fungi to such an extent that the component is no longer fit for purpose.
With the TANALITH-E wood preservative used for our pressure treated timber, together with the quality redwood timbers we use, and their careful preparation, we further provide a 2-year Warranty for Quality of Manufacture from the point of sale. This covers any metal fixings and furniture used which are either stainless steel, plated or galvanised. This does not affect your statutory rights as consumers.
To minimise twisting and warping all timber products should only be placed on firm and level ground. Softwood is a natural material which can twist and split during periods of wet/dry, hot/cold weather. If small hairline cracks do appear, it is a natural occurrence and not a fault with the material or product. To treat any cracks, you can rub a little PVA wood glue into the crack with a cloth. Once dry, sand the area lightly. This will not affect the treatment of the product or the warranty.
1. Flyte so Fancy products (including Dorset Log Stores and Framebow Animal Housing) should only be used for the purpose for which they were designed. For instance, the units can be placed in ground contact (surface contact) but must not be embedded within the ground (below the surface).
2. Should the Pressure Treated (TANALITH-E) Timbers be cut, notched or bored during installation, then exposed surfaces should be liberally brushed with an end grain wood preserver to directions shown on the product label.
3. To comply with this Warranty and ensure longevity of your timber unit we recommend an annual treatment of the timber surfaces with a water proofing product such as Protek Timber Eco-Shield. TANALITH-E pressure treated timber does not have to be painted or stained to maintain its preservative properties, but pressure treatment is not weather protection and therefore further weather protection is recommended.
4. Any component which has been further planed, cut or notched after delivery but not treated with an end grain preservative is not covered by this warranty.
5. A proof of purchase invoice must be supplied with any claim (we hold copies of invoices electronically for 6 years after purchase).
6. Care must be taken with positioning so that any legs or bearers are not in permanent or semi-permanent contact with standing water or wet ground.
1. Any Dorset Log Stores (Flyte so Fancy Ltd) units supplied or shipped outside the UK.
2. Any second-hand units not bought directly from Dorset Log Stores (Flyte so Fancy Ltd)
3. Units that have been fundamentally changed from original design; sawn or notched.
PRECAUTIONS & DISPOSAL
1. You would have received the timber in a 'dry-state' but we advise the wearing of gloves when handling the timber panels to protect the skin from splinters and abrasions.
2. If power-sawing or machining pressure treated timber, wear gloves and goggles. Wear a dust mask and perform these operations outdoors to avoid accumulations of airborne sawdust. Avoid frequent or prolonged inhalation of sawdust.
3. In order to prevent injury, care should be taken when lifting or moving your timber unit. Timber houses and stores are heavy and can also twist if not handled with care.
4. TANALITH-E pressure treated timber is not classified as hazardous waste. Local regulations should be referred to.
5. TANALITH-E waste timber or offcuts should not be used for animal bedding or for fuel in barbeques, cooking stoves or grates.
6. Domestic end users should dispose of any waste treated timber through the ordinary waste collection service or at a local authority disposal site.
If you need to reach us, please email us email@example.com
, we normally respond within 24 hours (excl. bank holidays/weekends). Alternatively, you can call on 01300 345916 or write to us at Dorset Log Stores (Flyte so Fancy Ltd), Pulham, Dorchester, Dorset DT2 7DX.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Directive on Consumer Rights (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013) which can be found at www.hmso.gov.uk/consumer-contracts-informationAll text and images on this website are ©Dorset Log Stores 2010-2019. Reproduction of part or all of text or images is only possible with the express permission of Dorset Log Stores (Flyte so Fancy).